Let's get in one last roundup for 2017. Here's hoping they dry up quickly in 2018.
Silicon Valley's T.J. Miller has been accused of sexually and physically assaulting a woman when he was in college. She told The Daily Beast:
He just tried a lot of things without asking me, and at no point asked me if I was all right. He choke[d] me, and I kept staring at his face hoping he would see that I was afraid and [that he] would stop… I couldn’t say anything.
Her roommates recall seeing bruises on her the next day and offering to call the police or take her to the hospital. Later, she took him to student court. Sources told The Daily Beast that Miller was expelled after graduating early, which was an attempt at satisfying both parties.
Miller and his wife Kate wrote in a joint statement:
We met this woman over a decade ago while studying together in college, she attempted to break us up back then by plotting for over a year before making contradictory claims and accusations. She attempted to discredit both of our voices and use us against one another by trying to portray Kate to be a continuous abuse victim of T.J. (further efforts to hurt the two of us).
It is unfortunate that she is choosing this route as it undermines the important movement to make women feel safe coming forward about legitimate claims against real known predators.
- Glenn Thrush to return to the New York Times after sexual harassment allegations
- There's a petition to cut Matt Damon from Oceans 8, which is a female/feminist offering in the franchise. Why? Because he said we need to differentiate between things like a catcall and rape. There are currently more than 28,000 signatures.
- After Al Franken was forced to resign, will he run again? Gross.
- Lots of sex scandals blooming in the California Democrat party.
- Hilarie Burton and Sophia Bush are pretty happy that Mark Schwann, whom they worked with on One Tree Hill, has been fired.
- Jodie Foster is mad at "every man over 30"
That's a lot to take in.