As part of Operation SOAR (Sex Offender Alien Removal), a 10-day operation that ended on August 3, Enforcement Removal Operations (ERO) officers of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency arrested 32 criminal aliens previously convicted of sex crimes in the sanctuary jurisdiction of Long Island, New York. Welcome to Trump's America.
Breitbart reports that ERO officers rounded up 32 criminal aliens who were previously convicted of sex crimes, including sexual abuse, sexual assault on young children, rape, child endangerment, and promoting sexual performance of a child. They reportedly entered the U.S. illegally from Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Mexico, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, according to information obtained by Breitbart Texas from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials.
Among those arrested were:
- A 24-year-old Salvadoran national who was arrested and charged criminally with first degree sexual abuse and sexual contact with a victim less than 11 years old.
- A 36-year-old national of Guatemala with a prior conviction of second degree rape and endangering the welfare of a child. The victim in this case was a 13 year old female.
- A 32-year-old Honduran man with prior convictions of criminal sexual act in the third degree, forcible touching, endangering the welfare of a child and sexual abuse in the third degree. The victim in this case was a 15 year-old female.
- A 38-year-old citizen and national of Ecuador with a prior conviction of the sexual misconduct with a 15 year-old female victim.
- A 55-year-old Salvadoran man convicted of second degree rape and sentenced to one year in jail. The victim in this case was 12 years old.
- A 21-year-old Haitian man with a prior conviction of two counts of promote a sexual performance by a child less than 17 years of age and sentenced to 10 years of probation supervision. The victims in this case were both 15 years of age..
- A 36-year-old Salvadoran man convicted of third degree rape and sentenced to 10 years of probation supervision. The victim in this case was 15 years old.
- A 46-year-old Salvadoran national with a prior conviction of endangering the welfare of a child was sentenced to three years’ probation. The original charge was sexual abuse in the first degree: sexual contact with an individual less than 11 years old. The victim in this case was 7 years old.
- A 45-year-old citizen of Trinidad and Tobago convicted of third degree rape of a victim incapable of consent and sentenced to 5 years of probation supervision.
The criminal history of the illegal aliens arrested, many of whom received previous deportations, include: acting in a manner to injure a child, assault, third degree attempted rape, burglary, attempted sexual abuse, criminal sex act, endangering the welfare of a child, endangering the welfare of a physically disabled person, forcible touching, promoting a sexual performance by a child, public lewdness, first degree rape, second degree rape, third degree rape, reckless endangerment, first degree sexual abuse, second degree sexual abuse, sexual abuse, forcible compulsion, sexual contact with an individual incapable of consent and sexual misconduct.
In a written statement, New York Field Office Director Thomas R. Decker said,
ICE’s continuing commitment to making our communities safer is underscored by operations like this one targeting sexual offenders. These actions focus our resources on the most egregious criminals and promote public safety in the communities in which we live and work. ERO officers are out there every day enforcing immigration law with targeted enforcement actions. ICE will not waiver in its promise to arrest and remove criminal aliens from our neighborhoods.