After this week's horrific partisan shooting at the Congressional baseball game, the mainstream media are avoiding addressing the vile atmosphere of anger, hatred, and "resistance" toward President Trump and his fellow conservatives which the news media themselves have enabled. Let's take this moment of tragedy to point out that the left needs to dial back its rhetoric of violence towards the right. Hey, ya never know, someone out there might actually take it to heart.
At TownHall.com, John Hawkins lists twenty times so-called liberals have called for violence against conservatives. Here are the first five:
1) "Michele (Bachmann), slit your wrist. Go ahead... or, do us all a better thing [sic]. Move that knife up about two feet. Start right at the collarbone." -- Montel Williams
2) “F*ck that dude. I’ll smack that f*cker’s comb-over right off his f*cking scalp. Like, for real, if I met Donald Trump, I’d punch him in his f*cking face. And that’s not a joke. Even if he did become president — watch out, Donald Trump, because I will punch you in your f*cking face if I ever meet you. Secret Service had better just f*cking be on it. Don’t let me anywhere within a block.”– Rapper Everlast on Donald Trump
3) “I have zero doubt that if Dick Cheney was not in power, people wouldn’t be dying needlessly tomorrow….I’m just saying if he did die, other people, more people would live. That’s a fact.” — Bill Maher
4) “I know how the ‘tea party’ people feel, the anger, venom and bile that many of them showed during the recent House vote on health-care reform. I know because I want to spit on them, take one of their “Obama Plan White Slavery” signs and knock every racist and homophobic tooth out of their Cro-Magnon heads.” — The Washington Post’s Courtland Milloy
5) “F*** God D*mned Joe the God D*mned Motherf*cking plumber! I want Motherf*cking Joe the plumber dead.” — Liberal talk show host Charles Karel Bouley on the air.
And that's just the first few (read the next fifteen here). Hawkins goes on to write, "The most prominent liberals in America regularly accuse conservatives of being racist, sexist, Nazis, fascists who want children to die and are killing the planet and ruining the environment all because of their hate of the poor and minorities. Liberals today aim a nastier stream of propaganda at Republicans than America did at the Nazis; so is it any wonder that some people take the next logical step and become violent?"
If we want our nation to survive, the left needs to dial it back a bit and quit looking at half of America as the evil enemy.
Image Credit: Sharon Graphics on Flickr