Rachel Leah, “culture writer” for the radical rag Salon, has come to a unique explanation for the disgust Americans feel for athletes refusing to stand for the National Anthem: those Americans are simply all racist.
The left hurling accusations of racism? Gee, that's so unlike them.
In her opinion piece Wednesday titled, "The last 48 hours has shown just how triggered white Americans are by peaceful black protest," Leah claims that "black self-determination and activism always lead to white tears in America."
“Here’s just a handful of the many, many white tears that have landed in the last 24 hours,” continues the New York University graduate with an MA in journalism and Africana Studies. She follows that introduction with a few examples, including:
• “DirecTV…announced they would provide refunds…to customers offended by the anthem protests.”
• Steven Seagal told Good Morning Britain, “I respect the American flag. I myself have risked my life…for the American flag and I don’t understand or agree with this kind of behavior.”
• The Attorney General said it’s “a big mistake to protest in that fashion because it weakens a commitment we have to this nation.”
• “Nobody loves Facebook more than racists. Michigan State Police Director used the platform to express anger at the protests,” saying she stands “with the heroes, not a bunch of rich, entitled arrogant, ungrateful, anti-American degenerates.”
• A beer distributor is “removing all signage” related to the football league due to the “negative attention the NFL is receiving.”
• A military veteran told C-SPAN the protests “[bring] tears to [her] eyes.”
The millions of Americans offended by the disrespectful actions of privileged NFL protesters are actually racially diverse, but don’t try to derail Ms. Leah's cherry-picking with the facts, folks.
This is the left's preferred strategy for debate: no debate. There is no attempt to refute ideas; any opposition to the left's own ideas is by definition racist, particularly if the opponent is white. Leah begins her article with an accusation of racism and then proceeds simply to list the accused without actually identifying anything racist about their statements or behavior. They are merely dismissed as racists because they are white people with a principled opposition to the leftist agenda. Shielding themselves behind the claim that they are the Party of diversity and racial sensitivity, Progressives see no hypocrisy in casually employing racist designations such as “white fear” or “white tears."
In the conclusion of her piece, Rachel Leah asserts, “All of this is working to muddle the message Colin Kaepernick first kneeled for (and is jobless because of), that police and the justice system treat black people as an imminent threat…whether they be guilty or not.”
Leah and the left ignore the fact that statistics don’t support the Castro-loving Kaepernick's outrageous claim. Furthermore, they intentionally overlook the reality that millions of patriotic Americans -- of all races -- are "triggered" by him and the NFL not because of skin color but because they've had enough of the left's relentless anti-Americanism and their obsession with forcing their divisive "social justice" agenda into every aspect of our lives.