Poll: 60% of Americans Want Free College

"Part of the changes in American society."

new survey from Princeton Survey Research Associates International shows socialism alive and well in America, with 62% of Americans now wanting free college tuition. 

The poll generally splits along party lines, with a majority of Democrats (81%) wanting free college while a minority of Republicans (33%) want the same. When it comes to independents, roughly 67% want the government to pay for college. 

The most disturbing group to love the idea, as usual, are millennials at 77%, which makes for a bleak future for those of us under 30.  

Morley Winograd, president and CEO of the Campaign for Free College Tuition, welcomed the poll, extolling the millenials for their commitment to socialism.

"Millennials, as the generation most impacted by skyrocketing tuition prices, see free college tuition as an important part of the changes in American society they plan to make now that more than 1 out of 3 adult Americans are from their generation," said Winograd. 

The presence of Bernie Sanders in this past primary season has noticeably moved the Democratic party sharper left, forcing Hillary to endorse many of his socialist propositions due to his heavy support from millennials.  

"Under the College for All Act, the federal government would cover 67% of this cost, while the states would be responsible for the remaining 33% of the cost," Sanders previously proposed.  

Issues