Hillary Clinton Dismisses Latest Email Allegation

There’s no there there.

Former Secretary of State and current presidential candidate Hillary Clinton addressed the latest troubling email dump from the State Department on this week's Sunday shows.

An email released Friday reveals Clinton instructed an aide to remove the classified header from a document after there was a problem sending the information on a secure fax line.

“If they can’t, turn into nonpaper w no identifying heading and send nonsecure,” Clinton emailed State Department aide Jake Sullivan June 17, 2011.

On CBS' "Face the Nation" on Sunday, Clinton was asked if her directive violated laws about handling classified information. Clinton said “no, not at all.”

“And as the State Department said just this week, that did not happen. And it never would have happened, because that’s just not the way I treated classified information,” Clinton said.

So far the State Department has turned over about 82 percent of Hillary Clinton's emails. The New York Post writes, "In all, 1,319 of her emails once stored on her private service have since been retroactively upgraded to classified, including one that was deemed a level higher than 'confidential.'"

But Clinton said the latest accusation is just "another effort by people looking for something to throw against the wall, as you said in the beginning of the program, to see what sticks. But there’s no there there."

Issues

People